Wednesday, October 22, 2008

deer

Today Gina (I work with her in the office) expressed a desire to know how to start a blog. This was because she felt like blogging about me hitting a deer in my new truck would be appropriate retribution for this post. Yeah, I hit a deer in my new truck. I’m alright. The truck is ok, but not great. It happened on US 1. I was on my way back from class. The irony is that I chose to take US 1 over the shorter NC 561 route because I figured I would be less likely to hit a deer...


I guess this is another instance of creation groaning. That buck no doubt did some groaning and so have I...

It did remind me of something I read in A Severe Mercy: "Over-valued possessions, we decided, were a burden, possessing their owners... This idea of the burden of possessions we held to - and years later when we got our first glossy new car, we hit it severely with a hammer to make it comfortably dented." By the way, this memoir by Vanauken is a great read. You will never look at falling in love with a girl the same after reading it.

No comments: