Friday, October 24, 2008

nc state fair

Yesterday Jeremy and I went to the fair. It was a great day.

A couple of the things I liked:

  • The food I ate – Cajun chicken sandwich, corndog, fries, fried snickers, fried mac and cheese (I don’t know how they did it, but they did, and it was so good), slurpie, cotton candy, footlong hot dog, turkey leg, and various samples of NC produce...
  • The exhibits - there was a huge pumpkin
  • The shows – we worked our way around the crowd to be right there next to the track for the pig races
  • The people – from the lady that told me where to put my canned food items for free admission, to the man that chased me down to ask me if I was Jewish, to the man with a mustache that nominated the girl Jeremy ran into from college to be the hog queen of the night...

All in all, a good day. The multitude of people there was reminder that we are supposed to enjoy life. The groups of friends, the families, and the numerous couples reminded me that people crave company.

And the signs, flying balloons, and food stands were a reminder that anything can be deep fried.

No comments: