Monday, August 16, 2010

The Gospel Truths in... a BURGER

(from the CWR Times)

When I look at a burger I see the Gospel. I am reminded that God is good. He created a world in which we can experience deliciousness and delight. He did not have to make burgers taste good, and He did not have to make us capable of tasting them, but He did because He is good. I am also reminded of sin. A cow died for me to have that burger. And too many burgers could kill me. That is not the way things were meant to be. We were meant to experience delicious things apart from death, decay, and destruction. But through our rebellion those things entered the world.

But there is redemption. Christ died and was resurrected to make all things new. One of the visions of glory is a vision of a great feast. I am not sure if there will be burgers in the consummated Kingdom of Christ, but I do know that whatever we do eat, it has to be at least as good as the best burger in this life.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

and that is why you are my friend...

Josh said...

Mmm that is one delicious analogy...That is either an Andy's burger or a Hardee's Frisco Burger in the picture I believe. :)